How often have you picked up a bag of muesli and realised that, although it’s full of ingredients that are good for you, it’s also packed with sugar. This recipe has all the goodness without the hidden preservatives or processed sugar. Your breakfast routine just got a whole lot better! I love making a big batch that will last me the week.
What you’ll need:
- 6 measuring cups rolled porridge oats
- 1 * cup goji berries
- 1 * cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1 * cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1 * cup dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 * cup cocoa nibs
- 1.2 *cup flax seeds or linseeds
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon powder
* = measuring cup
How to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 180° Combine the porridge oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the mix evenly over an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 15-20 minutes. After 8-10 minutes spread the mixture around ensuring the bottom is now near to the top then return to the oven for the remaining time.
- Once cooked add the cacao nibs, goji berries, coconut flakes and dry roasted almonds. You are adding these at the end of the cooking process as they would have burnt in the oven.
- Allow the mix to cool then pour into a glass jar with a sealable lid and you are ready to go.
Serve 30g (just under 1 cup) of granola with 1/2 a stone fruit (plums, nectarine, peach etc) and 2 spoons of Greek yoghurt. sprinkle some extra cinnamon powder over the top for that added kick.