What I love about pork is how quickly it takes to cook and it’s a great carrier of flavours. This dish is on the table in under 25 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 large pork steaks
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 6 large kale leaves
- dijon mustard
- chilli flakes
- 1 lemon
How to do it:
- Pre heat your oven to 200°c
- Slice the sweet potato into thin wedges, this will enable them to cook very quickly. To do this top and tail the potato then cut in half then in half again. Slice the large wedge about 1cm thick.
- Lay the thin wedges onto an oven proof tray lined with greaseproof paper then drizzle with salt pepper, and chilli flakes.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning halfway.
- Slice the stalks off the kale then blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove, and refresh under cold water and shake off excess water.
- To cook the pork steaks season well with salt and chilli flakes. In a hot pan with a little oil fry the steaks for 6 minutes on one side then turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Squeeze a little honey and lemon juice over the top of each one then remove from the heat and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Whilst the pork is resting spoon a little dollop of dijon mustard over each one and spread evenly. The mustard will add a great little kick as the juices release from the meat.
- Roughly slice the pork on the angle along with the kale leaves then toss together in a mixing bowl.
- Serve with the sweet potato chips and spoon the resting juices over the top along with some fresh lemon juice.