This dish is an absolute favourite in our house. The stuffing adds a delicious Mediterranean flavour and keeps the chicken nice and tender as it cooks.
What you’ll need:
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp pesto
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp moroccan spice
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- drizzle olive oil
- 8 cocktail sticks
- 1 lime
How to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 200°
- Trim any excess fat or skin off the chicken breast then lay it on its side. Cut a slit in the chicken creating a large pocket, then spread the pesto inside.
- Fill the pocket with 4 sun dried tomatoes and 2 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Close the pocket and push 4 cocktail sticks through the gap sealing the ingredients in. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the cauliflower rice, finely slice the head of the cauliflower, the finer you can cut it the better. If you aren’t confident then you can use a cheese grater.
- In a pan cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil then add the cauliflower rice along with the moroccan spice. Finish with a drizzle of water and a teaspoon of tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and fold in some fresh parsley.
- Once your chicken is cooked remove the cocktail skewers then slice the chicken on an angle and place on top of the cauliflower rice. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.